How To Shop For Shi(f)t
Are you curious about what may be lurking in the fabric that you put on your body?
Do you have an autoimmune disease? A skin condition? Head aches? Cancer?
Do you care about soil, water, air, animals, people, and have a curiosity about how your fashion choices may be able to have a positive effect?
Are you a mom that shops for your family? Do you read nutrition labels? Do you think about the ingredients in your clothes the way you think about the clothes that you feed your pores?
If yes, then check this out!
HOW TO SHOP FOR SHI(F)T
- The shopping guide for healthier fashion that doesn't suck!'s purpose is:Introduce better shopping habits, helpful resources, and understanding of what clothes are made of
- Enable shoppers to ask important questions like, How do my clothes affect the health of my family and myself, the people who make my clothes and the world that we live in?
- Provide an introduction to fashion-related pollution problems, by spotlighting chemicals used and waste created in the making of a garment
- Teach shoppers what to look for, where to find it and how to use their newfound knowledge to influence the fashion industry
- Offer tools and terms for shoppers to share the exciting things they’ve learned
- Empower shoppers to #MakeShiftHappen