- MEET BtL TEAM MEMEBR ALLISON SHERMAN. She will be in attendance connecting with sustainable brands & experts as part of BtL's growing partnership with WORLDZ to do something amazing in 2019.
LA in NOVEMBER
- MEET THE BtL TEAM. We will be partnering with REMODE to supply volunteers including students to the event. More to come...
- Concert Couture Class RESUMES at Santa Monica College. Nov. 13th-17th The 2nd Annual Concert Couture Class at SMC - Taught by Taryn Hipwell & pattern making by Jan Ardell (Shout out to Lorrie Ivas for making this possible) (Open to Santa Monica College students) :
- illustrate / design a collection / pick one style - learn how to make patterns (with Jan Ardell) - cut material with a professional digitized pattern - and work with Senior students to sew jackets made from tents left behind at Coachella
Jackets from last years class were shown on mannequins and models at the Beyond the Label Fashion Show + Tell...this years class may possibly be displayed at a huge fashion event...stay tuned. :)
- Beyond the Label is in chats with SMC to do a fundraiser event to launch the guidebook and do a silent (OR LOUD) auction with the Concert Couture Jackets to raise money to do more Sustainable Fashion Education Workshops. (Open to the public)
Photography by Larry Johnson / Model Taylor Harmon / Concert Couture Jackets created by SMC students.